This was a solid writing week. Still adjusting to the new schedule. I got in four writing days, three pages each.
I planned on writing Friday, but…
…the temperature dropped 50 degrees from Thursday afternoon (95 to 44, y’all. Welcome to Texas.), and it was raining Friday morning, plus I was off Friday (getting ready for a work trip), and I just wasn’t feeling it. So I gave myself permission to take the day off from writing.
And I’m okay with that.
I started my new work schedule—sort of—this week, so I was able to get in five writing sessions (last Monday was still the old 6-to-6 schedule, so writing was out). Fifteen pages of fiction this week!
I also did some outlining in the current WIP, the King Arthur story; as well as in my tentative idea for NaNo (creating six characters and outlining five scenes). I’m super happy with the week!
I got in all my writing sessions this week, for a total of six pages, plus three book reviews and scheduling an excerpt for The Widow of Pale Harbor, by Hester Fox, which will be live tomorrow, followed by the review on Tuesday.
It’s been an eventful week: I had my interview for a new position at work on Friday. Which was odd, to say the least, because I knew way before that that I already had the position. I’ve been pretty frustrated at work the last few months, but all of that hard work felt validated.
I start the new position the first of October, although I may still be training my replacements the next week or two after that.
It was a good writing week!
Despite a lot going on at work—by which I mean lots of things changing/in the works/maybe a new job position I’m excited about—I wrote four book reviews, and got in three solid days of fiction-writing.
Six pages of fiction isn’t horrible for the week, and I’m planning to increase it, as I’m still toying with the idea of doing NaNo this November.
This was my first full week without school or work obligations on Tuesday and Thursday, and it was an excellent writing week!
I got in writing sessions on three days, for a total of six pages, plus some planning on the King Arthur project, and a bit of work on the Holly Lisle HTWAN class. And…I’ve decided to do NaNoWriMo this year for the first time in…years! I’m actually super excited about this, and the Muse is already hinting at ideas. I want to finish the first draft of the King Arthur story before November, though. So it would probably be a good idea to plot that out…
Also wrote three book reviews and I’m trying to write a narrative nonfiction essay just because.
This was the last week of my internship. If all goes well and I pass, I’ll be done with school! Earning an M.A. in Journalism is no joke. I just have to finish up my final paper today.
I wrote several book reviews and posts this week and two final blog posts for the internship. Only got in one short fiction-writing session, but I’m still calling it a win.
I didn’t do any fiction writing this week. Sometimes, exhaustion and busyness combine to make sleep a priority.
I did, however, write three book reviews on Saturday, and my first blog post for my internship, so I’m counting it as a win.
I had a very good writing week. I started working on the new story, and got in three sessions/2,250 words for the week.
I also outlined five new scenes, and completed two writing lessons, hitting all my writing goals for the week. The voice of the new story still isn’t quite established, but I think that’s because it’s told in alternating time periods, making voice a little tricky. We’ll see what the week holds in store.
So…I didn’t do any actual (fiction) writing this week. The story I was working on, well, I still have no idea where that is going, so working on that is accomplishing nothing. Meanwhile, my re-telling of Camelot has been niggling at the back of my mind.
It’s been over two years since I came up with that idea for the capstone class for my undergraduate degree, but I kept thinking about it over the past month or so, and when I realized how dissatisfied I was with my current project, well, the switch seemed natural.
So, this week I pulled everything I had on the Camelot story and read through it. Some of my ideas came back to me. I did character sketches of the main five characters and outlined the first five scenes. I also came up with a working version of the Sentence—Holly Lisle’s one-sentence story outline technique—to keep me on-track. I’ll start actually writing this week.
I had a good writing week. I got all my words, but I changed my sessions just a bit to accommodate my schedule: three sessions on Tuesday, one after work on Wednesday, and two on Saturday.
I also outlined five scenes and did two writing lessons this week, so I hit all my writing goals!