Happy New Year! I hope everyone had/is having a good holiday weekend.
This is, of course, the obligatory re-hash of my 2016 goals, as well as a public declaration of my goals for 2017.
In 2016, my goals were:
1) Finish Witches HTRYN. Didn’t happen. I started work on it, and realized that I have to re-write the story from scratch (mostly).
2) Finish 1st draft of Siren Song. Done! (More or less.)
3) Finish 1st draft of The Fall. Nope. I did write some of it, but not much.
4) Start Camelot Done! (To the tune of 1 chapter, a sort-of prologue, and some brainstorming.
5) Revise Casting Shadows. Didn’t even look at it.
6) Finish copyediting classes and make X dollars at it per month. Also no, although I did work on the classes some.
7) Have 500 followers on this blog. Only up to 314.
8) Have 200 followers on my personal blog. Only up to 199.
1) Read Gone with the Wind. Done!
2) Read 1 book per month from my TBR shelf. Done!
3) Read all books on the reading list for my American Women Writers class (8 total). Done!
4) Read one classic per month. Done!
5) Read one book of poetry. Done!
6) Read 2 books per month to review. Done!
7) Read one inspirational book per month. Done!
8) Read 75 books total. Done! Actually, I read 128 books—WAY over my goal—which I’m pretty happy about. You can check out my books on the 2016 Goodreads challenge here.
Goals for 2017
1) Finish draft of The Fall.
2) Finish draft of Camelot.
3) Finish Witches revision.
4) Self-pub something or find agent.
5) Revise Chasing Shadows.
6) Publish/sub Chasing Shadows.
7) Do/win NaNo (with the Southern Fic story).
1) Read one book per month set in a different culture or by an author from a different culture.
2) Read 100 books.
3) Read one classic per month.
4) Read one spiritual book per month.
5) Review 5 books per month.
6) Read one book from TBR pile every other month.
7) Read Battlefield Earth.